Sunday, January 6, 2013

West Neck Water Report

I was at West Neck Marina today, checking on my boat, so made a trip down to the ramp to see how things looked there, too. The fact I saw four rigs in the parking lot told me the water level was at least OK, but I wanted to see where exactly it was on the ramp.

As it turned out, the water extended about 2 feet or a little more above the joint in the ramp. However, it was going out ever so slowly, and given tomorrow's forecast, the level is likely to drop more significantly throughout the day. In case you haven't heard, they're calling for NE 10-15 winds tomorrow, with breezy conditions at times. In short, you should be able to launch yet tomorrow, but if you're planning a Tuesday fishing trip, it might be questionable if you'll be able to get in at West Neck. As always, Munden Point would be a good backup if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment