Friday, January 4, 2013

Hook, Line & Sinker Fishing Reports

You'll have to bear with me, folks. The one night when I had multiple items planned for posting on my blog happens to fall during a period when I've been without access to any graphics on my computer that I normally would use with these entries. So, I have to hope you won't mind looking at nothing but a lot of text.

If it helps any, you have my apologies for this glitch, but please bear in mind the problem is with the blogger browser, not me. There are a lot of us disgruntled bloggers right now, because we've been dealing with this situation for 48+ hours already, and all we're getting from the techs is, "We're working on it." Just goes to show you that the geeks running around this world today aren't quite as good as they sometimes make themselves out to be, to wit: Cox Communications recently learned that they can't always live up to their own advertised billing, either.

That said, I want to give you the emailed results from a couple of friends who launched out of West Neck Marina today. The first report came from my kayaker buddy, Charlie Bruggemann, who said he had to break ice just to get out at 10 o'clock this morning. The water temp ranged from 39 to 44 degrees throughout the day.

It was 11 o'clock before the fish started hitting for Charlie. Between then and 2:30, though, he boated 9 bass, 2 pickerel, and 1 big white perch. His best 5 bass weighed 1-9, 1-10, 1-12, 2-0, and 2-0. "The weather was cold, and the fishing was hot," to use Charlie's own words. His productive lures today were a suspending crankbait and a big beetle spin with a swimbait on the head. He fished the channel, in 3 and 4 feet of water.

The other emailed report I got was from my friend, Eddie Sapp, who also said he fished 42-ish water. Eddie tallied 6 bass today, with his biggest a 3.5 pounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment