Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Walking Tour of West Neck Marina Today in Pictures




When I arrived there at 12:30, the launch ramp looked like this.







This is what the water looked like leading up to the boat basin in front of the marina store.




I'd have to say the wind did "make it happen," as evidenced by the fact two cleats pulled out in last night's blow, allowing this craft to swing against the opening to the boat barn. There didn't appear to be any damage, so the horseshoer and I got it remoored close to the way it had been originally.


This photo by Skip Schaible shows a boat tarp that is in even worse shape than usual after the wind that passed through the area last night. Anyone familiar with the marina likely will recongize this canopy.




Only one of the port-a-johns was left standing upright this morning.





The "balloon effect" on this Nitro's boat cover was created when the cover slipped off one side and got hung up in the boat's seats.



During my stroll, I noticed that this new entrance sign has been damaged. Someone appears to have broken out a roll of duct tape and a tube of some kind of glue to try and repair it, but only achieved a half-a... job. The sign isn't even a year old yet.



It's not very clear in this photo I took at the back corner of the boat barn, but the water is on its way out.






In support of what I said in the previous caption, I went back down to the ramp before leaving and captured this shot of the new gauge just starting to reappear. Two hours had elapsed since my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment