Wednesday, January 30, 2013

West Neck Water Level Report

When Charlie Bruggemann sent me yesterday's report, the water stood at 3.3 feet. I took this photo at 12 noon today, and as you can see, it then stood just a tick below the 3.9-foot mark--and it's still coming, courtesy of those strong southerly breezes.

The water easily will clear the top of the gauge before nightfall--of that, I'm certain.

With the water at this level on the marker, it lacks 25 inches on the high side of the ramp (the left side) of reaching as far as the tip of the catwalk on that side.

The only trailer in the parking lot today was one for a Nitro boat. I didn't catch a glimpse of whoever was out, but this much I know: He/she/they (whatever the case may have been) definitely were earning any fish being caught. That wind really was whipping up the creek.

At 3:48, I received an email from Skip Schaible, who told me the water is completely covering the water-level gauge now. He aptly pointed out that, while the catwalks aren't underwater yet, it's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment