Saturday, January 19, 2013

Results of Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013 Tourney

"I think I had one bite all day," is how John Goodman described the outcome of his fishing in today's tournament out of Bob's Fishing Hole. Anglers in five boats braved the frosty elements that greeted them this morning to launch their rigs on the Northwest River. And then, as if the cold temperatures weren't enough of a turn off, the participants also had to deal with muddy water.

Winning today's contest was the team of Eddie Sapp and Paul Celentano. Eddie caught a bass this morning that tipped the scales at 3.50 lbs. during weigh-in. Only two other fish were brought to the scales. Eddie's fish fell for a crankbait. As Paul noted, the water temp never warmed past 48 degrees all day.

Having fished several tournaments out of West Neck Marina last year with Paul, I came to know that he has a strong passion for bass fishing. He admitted to me this evening, though, that he wondered, for at least a few minutes early this morning, why he had let his friend, Eddie, talk him into fishing a tournament under such "brisk" conditions.

My hat is off to all those who ventured out early this morning. I know how cold it was because I, too, was up and moving around outdoors before daybreak, although not near any water.

No comments:

Post a Comment