Friday, January 11, 2013

Hook, Line & Sinker...


I've only received one email so far today from someone who went looking for bass. It came from my buddy, Charlie Bruggemann, who went down and fished the oxbow at the mouth of Albright's Creek.

It was a really slow day for my "coffee mate"--to explain myself, Charlie and I live close to each other, so we've been spending a couple hours at the local Starbucks on occasion here recently, talking about, of all things, fishin'. Who woulda thought? All kidding aside, Charlie reported that he only could muster a couple of bass today, both of them weighing about 1.5 lbs. apiece.

"They didn't like anything I threw," he said, "except for an SS Minnow."

With the rain and cold, Charlie gave up around 2 o'clock and headed home for a warm shower. He said the water was a little low today but not bad--clear, with a temp of 51 degrees, he added.

I only can hope action picks up a bit tomorrow, 'cause I plan to go see if I can find a few fish, too. I expect to see my buddy, Jim Bauer, on the water sometime before the day ends. Will try to post our results sometime tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment