Friday, January 4, 2013

Good News

It's official now: The Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourneys will continue in 2013. I received an email from the West Neck Marina owners today, confirming what they had told me earlier by word of mouth: that I have their blessings to continue the tradition of these tourneys.

I had asked that, with their permission and weather permitting, I wanted to start the new season on March 23. Besides agreeing to that request, they also said they planned to have a new manager on site by our start date. How much, if any, involvement the new manager will have in our tourneys, though, remains to be seen, but that and all the other pertinent issues will be resolved at a future date.

Full details of the 2013 season, including the schedule and rules & regs, won't be available until after our annual planning session has been held in February. Once I have a smooth draft, I will publish everything here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment