Wednesday, February 8, 2023

For First Outing of 2023, No Complaints

Things finally came together today, and I was able to get back on the water for about five hours. Water temp when I left the dock about 9:30 read a bit above 47 degrees. Only one other rig was in the parking lot when I arrived this morning, plus there was one fella fishing from the bank when I launched.

Threw spinnerbaits, crankbaits and a jerkbait today and ended with a total of seven bass and one white perch in the boat. Also lost two more bass that came unhooked beside the boat and missed setting the hook on a couple more strikes that I had throughout the day. Five of the bass went a pound or better, led by my last fish of the day that weighed in at 2-1.

After the long layoff, I absent-mindedly left the house this morning without my camera, so didn't get any pictures of the fish I caught. Will try to remember the full routine next time, even if it requires my making up a written list ahead of time. Doesn't seem to take very long to forget a routine when weeks pass in between outings.

With some rather serious rain in the forecast for the immediate future, looks like I'll likely be laid up again for a spell...probably all the way through this coming weekend. Certainly will try, though, to get back out at least one day next week, be the good Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment