Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's the Difference Between Men and Boys?

According to the popular saying, it's the price of their toys. I would suggest, though, in this case, it perhaps would be more accurate to say "the size of their toys."

When I first received this photo from my friend, Skip, I thought the whole thing might just be some kind of joke. But after digging around the Internet for a while, I came to realize that Smart cars, like the one in this photo, really do have towing capabilities. The unofficial towing capacity for the 450 Smart is 660 lbs. However, when you take in the maximum load for the car, you're probably looking at a 441-lb. maximum trailer weight, with 66 lbs. at the hitch.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I know a lot of bass anglers who would have a hard time meeting those specs, given all the tackle they routinely carry on a fishing trip. And can you imagine the guffaws that would resonate from fellow anglers if someone showed up at a local launch ramp with a rig like this? The din only would grow when the dude parked this rig between--say--a couple of those jacked-up, big-wheeled pickups. Now that would be a priceless sight to behold.

"Never will happen," perhaps you're saying. I would caution you, though, that nearly anything is possible in this world today, especially around boat ramps. About the time you think you've seen it all, you get amazed yet again. All I ask is that, if you ever do see something like this happening, please take a picture and send it to me. I'm always in the market for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment