Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The After Effects of a Polar Vortex





Thanks to Skip Schaible, I have confirmed there's still water--in some form--at West Neck Creek, but...






I'm not certain how many brave souls would like to try and follow this trail of what appears to have been a kayak or other such craft out the channel.


I know I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but my hope is that we never ever see another one of these things again. And I feel pretty sure there are a lot of much-harder-hit folks strung all across this country who would second that idea.

'Twould seem as if the Farmer's Almanac was right once again--this winter has been worse so far than most. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that conditions only improve from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment