Monday, January 13, 2014

Muddy Water, Few Fish: That's the Common Theme


I had an email today from Eddie Sapp, who said he managed 4 short fish back in Tulls yesterday, despite all the muddy water he found everywhere he went. His words for it were "an all around crappy day but better than working."

When I saw John Goodman's report of his Big Bass Tournament yesterday at Bob's, I came really close to changing my plans to hit West Neck today. I knew my buddy, Charlie, was going there, though, so I decided to keep my plans. Between 9:30 and 2:30, I caught 2 small bass on a Bomber Square A, with both fish coming after 1 o'clock.

Moments after I had boated my second fish, I met Charlie at the mouth of a cove, and he started throwing that Mylar Minnow that he makes. He hadn't made but a half-dozen casts or so when he set the hook on what turned out to be a nice 4-14 bass--also his second bass for the day. He noted, however, that he had boated a couple of 1-lb. white perch earlier, too.

As I was preparing to leave the marina today, I got a second-hand report that Red Bruun had boated 7 bass today. So, it looks like everyone was catching a few fish but only a few. This time of year, though, especially with all the muddy water, I'll gladly take whatever I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment