Friday, January 24, 2014

Old-Timers Bass Fishing Rodeo Reminder


Three weeks ago, I sent out word that I was trying to organize one of these events for Senior Citizens Day, Aug. 21, 2014. I didn't expect a groundswell of responses, but I did figure there might be more than the half dozen I've received so far.

I realize it could be that folks simply don't want to commit to something so far away yet, but that's not going to stop me from posting periodical reminders on my blog about the rodeo. As I explained in the original Jan. 3rd post, here's what I envision for the event:

     * It's open to everyone age 60 or over, or who will turn 60 no later than Aug. 21.
     * The designated site is West Neck Marina.
     * Planned fishing hours are 6 a.m. to 12 noon.
     * Costs would include a $10-per-person entry fee (with 100 percent payout), optional $5-per-person big-bass pot, and $5-per-boat ramp fee.
     * Participants would be permitted to fish solo or no more than two-per-boat.
     * Weigh-in would be limited to three fish per boat (the reduced number is based on consideration of the usual temps this time of year).
     * And, of course, we all could sit around and swap fish stories over a BBQ sandwich afterward, if everyone so desired.

West Neck manager, Steve Winfree, already has given me the green light for this event. If you think you might be interested in participating, please email me (kenneth34@cox.net) and let me know. I'll keep a list of names and let everyone know how things are progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment