Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ice - 1, Anglers - 0


It was 27 degrees this morning when two boats and three anglers showed up to fish another Goody's Big Bass Tournament at Bob's Fishing Hole. All were in good spirits, even though the river was socked in with an inch or more of ice everywhere you looked.

Both boats managed to launch but not without some difficulty. For the next few hours, they made the best of a very confined area of "fishbable" water--all to no avail, though. No one brought a fish to the scales at the 2 o'clock weigh-in.

John thanks the participants who showed up and James for helping out today. He also urges everyone to mark Saturday, Feb. 8, on their calendars. That's the date of the next scheduled tournament in this series at Bob's.

In the meantime, you might just want to follow Charlie's advice on his latest blog post and "play with your tacklebox."

Charlie made a trip around Pungo today, checking on launch sites. "I was really discouraged at the results," he said in a follow-up email to me. "The ice is really bad everywhere," as evidenced in the photos he posted. To see them for yourself, here's the link to his blog: http://vbfishguide.blogspot.com/. Charlie's closing advice in his email was, "Pray for sun." From the looks of his photos, it's going to take a whole lot of praying.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they actually were able to launch! LOL More power to them for heading out, too! Charlie is right for sure! I'm working on my tackle box, my blog (http://familyfishingstories.blogspot.com/), & planning out some projects for my kayak. I'm also hoping that this upcoming weekend we'll see some better weather. I'm not going to hold my breath too long, though.

    ReplyDelete