Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Honoring the Spirit of Thanksgiving



While surfing the Internet a couple of weeks ago, I came across several items that epitomize the spirit of Thanksgiving. Among them was the following, as related by Sandy Stinson:

"One Thanksgiving, my mother made a last-minute run to the grocery store. There was a pizza parlor next to the store, and she watched as three Marines entered. My mother couldn't stand the idea of anyone eating pizza for Thanksgiving dinner, so she dragged them home. She cooked enough for a small army every night anyway, so three more hearty appetites wouldn't make a dent.

"These three young men spent the day with our family, played board games, watched football, and shared our Thanksgiving dinner. They even helped with the dishes. I think they were the most polite people my parents ever had over."

In the same spirit, I hope all of you will accept the following as my wish for you this year:

Happy Thanksgiving,
From morning 'till night.
Hope whatever you do,
Brings you joy and delight.
Hope family and friends,
And those you hold dear,
Make magical memories,
You'll cherish all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment