Friday, November 15, 2019

First Impressions Are Lasting Impressions

Is that statement really true? It is for at least one angler's wife who met her husband's fishing friend under rather inauspicious circumstances.

As related by the wife, "My husband had decided him and his friend from work were going fishing. It was just the beginning of spring, and the water and weather still were pretty chilly. They got out to the lake, only to find that the motor wouldn't start," said the wife. "My husband called me to run and get him a spark plug and run it to the lake. Being the wonderful wife that I am, I ran all the way to a marina to get the plug, then drove another 30 minutes to the lake they were fishing at.

"As I got out of the car, my husband walked up to get the plug. Meanwhile, I decided I would get acquainted with his new friend, who, at the time, had one leg on the boat, holding it against the dock. Since the engine wasn't working, he knew they would be in trouble if the boat were to float away.

"He was talking to me when that's exactly what began happening...and he started doing the splits," the wife explained. "He quickly had to decide whether to let go of the boat and let it float away or jump in. His choice was to jump into the ice-cold water and save the boat.

"I still was laughing at him when another fella standing on the dock said, 'It's awfully cold to be swimming today.'

"Needless to say, I never have let my husband's friend live that one down," concluded the wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment