Wednesday, November 20, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019



Wednesday, Nov. 20 (from Ken)...With more than enough water to launch my boat this morning, I layered up and headed to West Neck. I launched about 9 o'clock and fished until 1. Had planned to stay 'til about 2, but with the breeze, I was starting to feel cool, so decided to call it a day. The best lure today was a jerkbait. Caught one pickerel and four bass (best one a 1-10) with it. Threw a crankbait for a while, with no luck, and also tossed a topwater for a spell. Couldn't believe what I caught with the latter: a turtle. My topwater had just landed right beside a stump and disappeared. I didn't feel anything at first, though, so raised the rod tip, and then saw the turtle move off with my lure in its mouth. He wasn't hooked...was just hanging onto the bend in the hook...so started bouncing him up and down, and he eventually turned it loose. Ran into Dave and Rob on the water, above the West Neck bridge. Didn't bother to check the water temp. Lots of debris in the water at the ramp...mostly pine needles. Not sure when I'll get out again. Have to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment