Wednesday, April 24, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, April 28, 2019



Wednesday, April 24 (from Ken)...It was a great fishing day, but it also had its moments when things took a downturn. Those latter moments included dodging snakes, swatting bees, and having to land a fish with two rods caught in the landing net. I really figured that evolution with the landing net would end in disaster, but I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it off without a hitch. Don't mind telling you, though, that this scene reminded me of some of those Harry 'n' Charlie episodes from the pages of Bassmaster magazine. Am just glad I didn't see anyone around with a camera, filming the whole thing. As I said, the fishing was great. Caught a total of 12 bass, including six dinks, plus two 1-0s, a 1-1, 1-2, 1-7, 4-4, and a 4-10. My best five weighed a combined 12-8. Best of all, I had an all-day topwater bite. In addition to the 12 I boated, I also lost another five or six. Just hope I can duplicate the positive aspects of today again during Saturday's tournament.





Thursday, April 25 (from Skip)...While fishing West Neck today, Skip caught a total of five bass. His best of the day was a 3.1.




Sunday, April 28 (from Ron)...'Twas a bit breezy this morning, but because I know where to find shelter, fished Back Bay from 9 to 12:30. Didn't get a tap until about 12:00, then took two bass in short order. One was a tagged fish--my third. Threw a variety of lures but could only catch them with SwimSenkos very, very tight to shore (high water). Had my goose friend follow me around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment