Sunday, April 14, 2019

A Tool Every Boater Should Keep in His/Her Rig


Until yesterday, I only had heard a lot of good things about a NOCO Genius Boost jump-starting device. Yesterday, I got a firsthand look at how efficiently it works, and I'm here to tell you I'm happy I bought one of the GB30 units sometime ago--even though I've had no occasion to use it yet, and hopefully never will.

Yesterday afternoon, with only 30 minutes remaining before tournament weigh-in, my partner and I were getting ready to head back to the launch site in his boat. When he hit the ignition switch, however, all we heard were clicks. The boat's outboard simply would not crank.

With the handwriting on the walls, I called a friend at the weigh-in site and asked if he would dispatch some help. Moments later, a fellow tournament fisherman arrived on the scene with a NOCO Genius Boost starting unit in his hand. My partner subsequently hooked up the device to his battery, and within minutes, the outboard motor fired up, and we finally were on our way back.

There is a whole series of these starting devices available, and I urge anyone who uses his/her boat on a regular basis to at least check out these units. Everybody needs their own because help may not always be as readily accessible as it was for us yesterday. Cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but I have no desire to spend a night on the river because of a dead battery, especially with weather like we had yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment