Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Yo, Skip, Your Boat's Under That Pile of Clothes


Here's just one more reason why I've always hated moving. You end up with messes like this, which don't go away by wiggling your nose--unless, that is, you possess the same powers Samantha Stevens had in that old TV show "Bewitched."

Skip told me their initial planning didn't include a rented temporary storage space looking this way, but as often is the case, they had a bit more stuff to tuck away than what he and Leslie originally thought. As a result, the idea of keeping Skip's Nitro clear, so he could go fishing if he wanted, ended up becoming nothing more than a pipe dream.

As Skip lamented in his email accompanying this photo, "It looks worse than it is..." or maybe not, because he told me he was looking for something that he still hasn't found. "I hope I can undig it...and my boat...by March."

With any luck, Skip and Leslie will have moved into their new home by then, and everything will be back to normal. "If it isn't, just holler, Skip. We'll form a search party to give you a hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment