Monday, December 5, 2016

A Hardier Angler, You'll Never Find


I'm talking, of course, about my friend Ron, who takes on all kinds of weather in pursuit of fish. While other anglers are sitting at home thinking about it, he's out doing it, and this past weekend was no exception. Both Saturday and Sunday nights found him at the HRBT again.

"Saturday night started out well," said Ron, "but the chop got real bad, and I had to quit just as the bite picked up." Nevertheless, he managed to land 12 stripers, among which was one 20-inch keeper.

On Sunday night, he fished from 7 to 10 p.m. "The flag was hanging straight down when I launched," he said, "and with the cloud cover, the temperature was nice. The bite picked up about 8:45, and I landed a total of 14, with one nice 26-incher." He explained that he also lost one alongside "that I think was slightly bigger." He described the conditions as light rain, with calm seas--"made for a good evening," he added.

Ron further reported that he saw much more traffic both Saturday and Sunday evenings. "There were about six other kayakers and several small boats," he said. "Think I will stick with the 0300 trips when no one else is out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment