Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Still Baggin' Stripers at the HRBT


Received an email from Ron, in which he said he had taken another trip to the HRBT this morning. "With low tide at 0140, I decided to launch at 0200," he said. "The beginning of the incoming current produced a bite that improved with the speed of the current. Very mild temps and conditions."

Ron went on to explain that his third and ninth fish of the morning (pictured here), at 21 and 22 inches, respectively, were keepers.

"I only fished for about 45 minutes and was back at the ramp before 0400," he explained. "Didn't have to go through too many shorts to catch my limit for a change." As is often the case, however, the best one of the day turned out to be the one that got away.

"A real drag-screamer got wrapped in my peddles," he said. "Had to open my bail and remove the peddle drive, but then he ran again and this time got wrapped around a pylon as I tried to reposition the kayak and reinsert my peddle drive.

"'Twould have been comical if I had been watching someone else flail about like that!" Ron concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment