Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wind From the West, Fishing Is Best???


I don't know who came up with that rhyme, but as far as I'm concerned, that's all it is--a rhyme. Given my luck today, or more accurately, the lack of it, I really cannot attest to the validity of that statement, which serves as the headline for this post.

No, I didn't get skunked, but neither did I accomplish anything worth writing home about. I fished one side of nearly the entire length of West Neck this morning, with absolutely no action whatever. It was then I decided, despite the traffic on the Intracoastal Waterway, to head south and try things in Albright's.

For a while, I was having the same misfortunes there with a chatterbait and flat-sided crankbait. Finally, there was a stir when I started throwing a jerkbait.

Between about 11 or 11:30 and 2 o'clock, I managed to find four dink bass on that jerkbait and also had a couple more fish act a little interested but wouldn't make the necessary commitment.

After seeing that my buddy, Charlie, had a very similar day to mine, I don't feel too bad.

Don't know when I'll get back out again--just know there won't be another day this week. Other commitments are calling me, which I cannot ignore. I'll just be watching the weather and water level for another opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment