Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Little Thanksgiving Trickery

A father in Dallas calls his son, Eddie, in New York a few days before Thanksgiving and says, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but your mother and I are going to get a divorce. I just cannot take any more of her moaning. We can't stand the sight of each other anymore. I'm telling you first, Eddie, because you are the elder; please tell your sister."

When Eddie tells his sister, Julie, in San Francisco, she responds, "No way are they getting divorced! I will go and see them for Thanksgiving."

Julie then phones her parents and says, "You must not get divorced. Promise you won't do anything until I get there. I'm calling Eddie, and we'll both be there with you tomorrow. Until then, don't do anything. Please listen to me." With that, she hangs up.

The father puts down the phone, turns to his wife, and says, "Good news: Eddie and Julie are coming home for Thanksgiving, and they both are paying their own way."

Here's hoping none of you have to resort to the kind of trickery described in that fabricated tale I found online to bring your family together this holiday. Just know that I wish each and every one of you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment