Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Other Fisherman Yesterday Heard From


That other fisherman I was talking about in yesterday's blog post is Chris Fretard. He just sent me his email report, along with an explanation of why he hadn't gotten back to me sooner.

It seems Chris had some of the same crappy luck that often visits me--to wit, he burnt out a trailer bearing on the way home from West Neck yesterday. He's at a loss to understand why the bearing went out because, as he noted, "I'm pretty diligent with boat and trailer maintenance." In any event, he's in the process of fixing the problem.

Thankfully, the report on how Chris did on the water yesterday was more positive. He ended the day with 5 bass--the biggest a 4-2, which he caught on a Rogue. The rest were small keepers that fell for a square-billed crankbait and a worm. As he explained, there was no pattern--"just chuckin' and windin'."

I'm not sure but think Chris probably caught his fish in West Neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment