Friday, March 29, 2013

"He Caught It at West Neck..."

That's what West Neck Marina manager, Steve Winfree, jokingly asked me to tell everyone. In reality, though, the young man (sorry, but I don't have his name) pictured here caught this big bass in a canal in the Kellam area of Virginia Beach. I also don't know the weight of the fish, but I'm guessing it's probably 6-plus pounds. In any event, it's a real beauty.

Steve told me this young angler says he has been catching lots of fish like this in recent days. They've been hitting a Booyah spinnerbait.

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally would love to hang a few fish like this one. Maybe with the warming days of spring, I'll have a chance. "Hope springs eternal," so the saying goes.

If I happen to get any amplifying information about the young man and/or fish in this photo, I'll post an update to this item. In the meantime, grab a napkin and wipe the saliva off your chins. :-)

Here's the latest info I just got from Steve Winfree as of 7:25 p.m., Saturday, March 30: This fish measured 24 inches and weighed 8 lbs. 3 ozs. Steve helped the young man fill out the paperwork to obtain his citation from the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment