Saturday, March 9, 2013

How Little I Know

If I had been a betting man, I might have wagered that you wouldn't find any bass-boat trailers in the West Neck Marina parking lot today--but I would have been wrong. At 5:30 today, there were two trailers in the parking lot. One was a tandem-axle Skeeter trailer, the other another full-size bass-boat trailer, the brand name of which I don't recall.

In any event, a couple anglers or pairs of anglers had launched in that skinny water today. I reckon they figured the worst they could do was just to stir up a little more mud than already is in the water and has been there for weeks now. I don't look for a fishing report from either because, quite frankly, I couldn't place either rig in the parking lot, so there's no better than a 50-50 chance they'll ever see this blog post and respond to it.

This much I do know: If they weren't doing any better than my friend Mark Ingram was earlier today when I called him, they likely won't have anything to brag about. Mark was fishing the first tourney of the year with his Stateline Bass Anglers club down at Bob's Fishing Hole. And when I called him around noon, the only thing he had to report was low, muddy water; a trolling-motor battery going dead on him; and an outboard that wasn't running right. Needless to say, I didn't take up much of his time, because I figured he already had enough on his plate.

If I get any "good news" reports from anyone later, be assured I'll post a new item with all the details. I've had about all these "bad news" reports I can stand. C'm'on, somebody catch a great big 'un and tell me all about it...complete with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment