Friday, August 2, 2024

Three Amigos Have a Fun Day on the Water


In this instance, the three amigos included Wayne, Skip and yours truly. Best part of our day this past Wednesday was that each of us caught a few fish.

Skip reported that he caught a total of nine yesterday. He took great delight in the fact there was an early-morning topwater bite that kept him busy rippin' some lips. He sent me the attached photo of his first fish of the day while I still was trying to get my rig ready to drop in the water. With the long breaks in between my boat launches, I have to slow down to make sure I don't forget anything.

Wayne also was already in the "catching" mode by the time I got away from the ramp, having flipped three into the boat before I checked in with him.

At day's end (about 11:30 a.m.), I had managed to pick off five fish, all with some of the oldest lures I own. Had decided in advance that I was going to go "old school" for the day and stuck with my plan 'til I headed for the dock at West Neck.

None of us were patting ourselves on the back...except for being smart enough to call an end to our fishing before the heat of the day reached unmanageable proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment