Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Just When You Think You've Seen Everything...


Something new or different comes along, and that's exactly what happened to me today.

Wayne and I had decided this likely was going to be the best day this whole week to get on the water, and we had made up our minds we weren't going to squander our likely only chance for several days. To the point, we weren't going to standy idly by, waiting for someone to give us a shove.

About 6:15 this morning, we were in line behind Rob and Mike to launch from the Pungo Ferry ramp. With high water, which seemingly has become the norm around here lately, we figured we could fish anywhere we wanted. Thus, our decision-making for the day was in no way hamstringed.

Once again today, like it was during last week's outing, Wayne had put three fish in the boat before I got my first one. He went on to catch about three more before calling it quits at noon.

Meanwhile, I only mustered a total of three fish on the day, one of which showed me the something new I spoke of in the beginning. Having just boat-flipped the fish, I reached in its mouth to remove the hook, only to find that the hook still was completely imbedded in my soft plastic. The only thing holding the fish was the tail of my worm...the fish had swallowed it. After a little friendly game of tug-o-war, I managed to extricate the tail from the fish's gullet, and set it free, completely unharmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment