Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Couldn't Pass Up a Chance To Hit the Water Today


Was surprised to find a topwater bite in the first place I stopped this morning, but when that bite continued at the second stop, I nearly had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I had begun thinking we might not have a topwater bite at all this year.

Even after the sun finally made an appearance, the fish kept hitting a topwater lure, so I stayed with it right up to the time I called it a day this afternoon. Also threw a worm this morning, which yielded my first keeper fish of the day. But everything after that came on the topwater bait, including three small keepers and a whole bunch of missed strikes. I lost track of the count after the seventh blowup.

The final tally on today was four bass in the boat, the biggest of which weighed 1 lb. 7 ozs.

Ran across Rob Peppers at my second stop, and I saw a couple other boats as well but didn't talk to anyone. Just kept my head down and kept chunkin' and windin'.

Don't plan another trip to the water until after the 4th of July holiday, 'cause those typical crowds this time of year give me a giant pain. If I'm lucky, I may get in a couple of days next week after the crowds are back to work. That's the beauty of being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment