Monday, June 20, 2022

Another Frustrating Day

My plan this morning was to cover lots of water (albeit most of it skinny), and I did just that. Unfortunately, it was all for naught.

After stops in West Neck, Pocaty, Albright's, Straight Creek, the oxbow across from Straight Creek, and the pilings at Pungo Ferry, the only thing I could say was that I didn't get skunked. However, all I had to show for the day was a white perch and a gar.

The lone bait that produced those two fish was a shallow-running crankbait. The baits that didn't even elicit a strike included two spinnerbaits, two topwaters, and a weightless worm. However, I'm not the "Lone Ranger" here. Talked to some other fellas who basically had a similar or the same type of experience.

Am thinking perhaps I should try throwing all my baits into a pile, blindfolding myself, and then grabbing three or four to use each day until I find something that works. The way I see it is that the results couldn't possibly get much worse than they already are.

After talking to my tournament partner this afternoon, there's a new plan afoot to try and get a few more hours on the water Wednesday morning before the predicted rain and/or thunderstorms arrive...that should allow me enough time to locate some dynamite. Desperate times call for desperate measures...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment