Friday, June 3, 2022

A Man Who Loves His Froggin'

Received an email from DMac...also heard from several other folks...yesterday, a day when what little hair I have left, in addition to the outdoor temperatures, seemingly felt like they were on fire. Rather than go into all the particulars, suffice it to say that it was one of those days when if it could go wrong, it did go wrong, and yes, there was absolutely no joy in Mudville.

All that aside, here is the gist of the note I received from DMac:

Mornin', sir, hope all is good. My 21-month summer vacation ended this week...courtesy of a furlough from my Navy contractor job.

Good news is mo' money for frogs. Bad news is limited time to "marinate" them.

I will find time to fish...and hopefully have some chunks/hosses to share with ya. 'Til then, in the words of Jeff Dane on the Friday edition of the Tackle Box: "Tight Lines, My Friends."

By the way, I was able to slip out to a private Suffolk lake this past Monday and did some froggin' in heavy duckweed. Yes, it was a hoot. My buddy and I caught 12 fish...a bunch at 2 lbs. and a couple right at 4 lbs. Big topwater fun fo' sho'.

And, as always, DMac included a couple photos of his successful pursuits, which I'm including with this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment