Saturday, June 5, 2021

For Period Ending Sunday, June 13, 2021


Saturday, June 5 (from Ron)...
Water was very high when I fished Back Bay this morning. Zoom Flukes, Senko and Silver Minnow all helped catch six small bass to 1-11 and a decent chain pickerel. Water was surprisingly clear, considering recent weather and swings in the gauge.






Sunday, June 6 (from Ron)...I found a big school of fish this morning, holding up in the grass line, and I limited out pretty quick. I launched slick, with no fishing gear and didn't have a knife to puncture the inner tube. Luckily, I had extra tie-down straps to secure my "catch" for the trip home. Of course, when I got home, I realized I could have deflated by simply opening the fill valve!





Monday, June 7 (from Ron)...Fished upper West Neck this evening. In the shade, it was beautiful, with just enough breeze, and it was very nice out. Caught several dinks and then a surprise 4-lb. 7-oz. bass. All fell to a weightless purple Zoom U-Vibe worm tossed to shore and structure. Tried topwater near sunset and had several blow-ups but no hook-ups. Saw a shiny thing in the tree line and retrieved a nice brand-new Pop R that someone had lost. I'm no wildlife photographer, but the ospreys were a sight to see. I think they were eyeing my dinks for dinner!









Tuesday, June 8 (from Ron)...Had one of those days. Fished Milldam. Barely had limboed under the bridge and, as I was rearranging my rods, got a hook in the index finger past the barb. Dug it out with the pliers and cleaned it up as best I could. On first cast then, caught a shoreline thorn bush. Then all my plastics were getting destroyed by gar. After about an hour, I found a 3-4 bass and switched to topwater, which produced a small white perch. An hour later, as the sun set, caught a 3-10 bass on a Whopper Plopper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment