Saturday, June 12, 2021

About That Vertigo...

It's still hanging around and very well may continue to do so for several months, if I can believe what I'm reading online. I can report, however, that it's considerably better than when it began last Sunday. For openers, I'm now off the pills the doctor gave me this past Monday.

Generally speaking, I go through most days pretty much as I did before any of these spinning episodes started. The problem only arises when I forget and do something that entails a sudden movement of my head, or as I learned Thursday during a run to the NAS Oceana Commissary, when I get a cluster headache.

One online subject-matter expert likened the situation that goes on in my head to one of those Christmas snow globes...the kind you activate by turning it upside down, and all the white snow flakes then slowly settle back to the bottom when you sit it down. That's the sort of thing that has to happen with those crystals that have come loose in my inner ear and get activated whenever I move my head too fast. Once they've all settled back down, things around me stop spinning.

I currently seem to average two or three of these episodes per day but have no intentions of letting them sideline me from fishing. I most likely will just wear my life preserver full-time when on the water and trust that it will do what it's designed to do if/when I ever need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment