Tuesday, April 28, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, May 3, 2020



Tuesday, April 28 (from Ron)...Scored a personal best speckled trout this evening. Was targeting bluefish and throwing topwater. Serious blast and a half! Took photo and released my first citation speck. Bluefish are starting to show their teeth.

Wednesday, April 29 (from Bob)...Afternoon Ken. I follow your blog regularly and thought I might share this with you from this morning. Fished north of the bridge on West Neck. Wasn’t expecting much with the water gauge bouncing around as much as it has the past couple of days, but nice surprise. (Glad to receive your report, Bob. Hope you find your way to keeping 'em coming in the days and months ahead. I welcome all inputs like this.--Ken)

Wednesday, April 29 (from Ron)...Fished Tecumseh this evening and caught 2 each 1-7s and a 3-5. Snakes were out in force. Had a Senko snagged in a cypress branch, gave a tug and saw something plop down in the water. Upon closer inspection, there were three coiled snakes resting on the branches, so I cut that line and went my way. Saw two swimming along with all body floating. All the bass fell to SwimSenkos. Tried some topwater, but there was no interest.

Saturday, May 2 (from Ron)...Covered just over nine miles in almost eight hours of fishing and was spent! Landed 11 bass and missed at least that many more. Was using a jig with weedguard and a craw. Bass were hitting it well, but I think the weedguard caused all the misses. Best three were a 2-14, 2-15 and a 4-8.

Saturday, May 2 (from Andy)...Had a little friendly competition today with a friend and ended up catching around 30 bass. Here are my best five of the day. I estimated the total weight at about 20 lbs...give or take. My biggest (at far right) tipped the scales at 6.76 lbs. It probably was one of my best days on North Landing. Well Done! Andy. You'd have been hard to beat if our scheduled tournament today had happened. --Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment