Tuesday, April 14, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, April 19, 2020




Tuesday, April 14 (from Ron)...Couldn't wait. This 7-lb 3-oz, 23-incher is a personal best. Later, Ron added, "After yesterday's howling wind, I had to get out. Fished Ashville Bridge Creek, and about 10 minutes after launching, caught the personal best in the photo at left and below. Got him on an XTS Minnow. In three hours of fishing, I didn't catch another one, but I'm not complaining."

A really nice lunker, Ron. Looks like that new yak is exactly what you needed to really get you on track. Here's hoping this is just the beginning of a lot of good luck throughout the coming season. Go get 'em! my friend. -- Ken

Thursday, April 16 (from Ron)...Fished West Neck north of the bridge from 5:30 to dark. First two hours, I couldn't find a bite. Near sunset, got a small bass on the SwimSenko and was gonna call it a night as the temps dropped with the setting sun. On the way back, I threw a Pop-R to shoreline and had three misses before landing a nice 3-0. (Sorry, folks, but the photo originally accompanying this item became corrupted and had to be removed.)

Sunday, April 19 (from Ron)...Battled the crowds at Rudee Inlet this morning and caught a 17.75-inch puppy drum and a 17-inch speckled trout, but no flounder. Fished upper West Neck this evening and started out with the SwimSenko that I had on my line. Was working well--caught a dink and lost one. Went to change out the tattered Senko and realized I still had my saltwater load out. All my plastics were back in the garage! Other rods had a spinner and a Pop-R, but the bass were not interested in those.

No comments:

Post a Comment