Thursday, June 4, 2015

Couldn't Stand Being Housebound Any Longer

So I set the alarm this morning, loaded my gear, and headed to West Neck. In case you're wondering, I did get wet for about an hour early this morning, then I never felt another drop until I was closing the door on my storage shed this afternoon.

As the day wore on, a few other folks finally joined me on the water, but for a good spell, I was the Lone Ranger. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hit the two spots I had wanted to check out. Instead, I ended up spending time in both West Neck and Albright's.

Despite the change in plans, I still managed to catch a few fish, the biggest of which was this 2-15 that hit about five minutes before I quit this afternoon. I also had a 1-1 and four dinks. The best lures today were topwater and spinnerbaits.

Chatterbaits drew absolutely no attention whatever. And while I did have one fish pick up my SwimSenko, he evidently had attended one of the classes thrown by his friends I've been running into here lately. He simply grabbed hold of the tail, and just turned loose when I tried to set the hook.

Although there's been a fair amount of north winds around this week, the water level wasn't too bad this morning when I launched, and it was even better when I got back to the dock this afternoon. My hope is that there'll be enough water come Saturday morning to hold our scheduled tourney. There's not much doubt in my mind that a few other anglers also are keeping their fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment