Sunday, February 2, 2014

Problem Solved

Back in my Jan. 21 blog post titled "A Little Bass-Bait Sticker Shock," I expressed concern that, if my wife outlives me, she might let all my fishing tackle go for a small fraction of what I paid for it. Well, after reading the morning newspaper today, I now have a solution for that dilemma.

On page 2 of the national section, there's a story about a guy being buried in a see-through case atop his motorcycle. Just think about it for a moment: They could sit me in the driver's seat of my bass boat--or maybe perch me on the front pedestal seat, with my foot resting on the trolling-motor pedal--I'd have to think about that option a while before I could decide. Then they could enclose everything in a plastic case, with my rods tied down on deck and all my lures hung neatly around the inside perimeter of the case. What better last wish could a guy possibly ever have? And I'd be in total control of all my tackle forever and ever.

Sure, it would require a bigger-than-usual cemetery plot, and it might take more than one embalmer (it took five to make sure the guy on the motorcycle stayed upright), but that doesn't seem like such a big price to pay for honoring someone's final wishes.

Granted, I'm only being facetious here, but I have to admit that, if I had unlimited resources, I very well might entertain such a plan on a serious scale. I certainly can think of a lot worse ways to leave this earthly life.

No comments:

Post a Comment