Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Memories Are Made of Moments Like This

 







                                                     From Lake Anna
                                                     6 lbs. 6 ozs.
                                                     2/28/76










From Lake Anna
5 lbs. 4 ozs.
5/8/76







                                From North Landing River
                                6 lbs. 10 ozs.
                                6/19/87













From North Landing River
6 lbs. 5 ozs.
5/24/90













               From North Landing River
               4 lbs. 10 ozs.
               7/27/90














From North Landing River
5 lbs. 15 ozs.
8/10/90














                                      From North Landing River
                                      5 lbs. 1 oz.
                                      8/18/90














From North Landing River
5 lbs. 0 ozs.
8/18/90








I have to thank my dear ol' Pop for getting me hooked on fishing in the first place. I also have to thank a guy named Paul P., who first acquainted me with bass fishing. After that came a host of fellow members of Military District Washington Bassmasters, Commonwealth Bassmasters, and finally Back Bay Bassmasters who shared some tricks of the trade that made me a better fisherman. And, of course, I also have to thank ol' Dewey for the many gems of wisdom he imparted over the years. I spent lots of hours picking his brain, and he never once brushed me aside or told me to shut up.

It's what I learned from all those many people, along with others I've had the opportunity of knowing along the way, that has allowed me to have moments like those captured in the photos above. Every one of those moments was and still is special to me. I would be less than truthful if I didn't confess that I indeed long to boat at least one 8-pounder or better while I'm still on "the green side," but if that doesn't happen, so be it. I truthfully will be able to say, "I tried," and I certainly had more than my fair share of fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment