Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Unanimous...

If there's one thing everybody seems to be able to agree on right now, it's that they have a bad case of cabin fever. I'm hearing it from all my fishin' buddies, and I just today also heard it from my brother--a golfing nut who lives back in Kansas and has been shoveling snow off and on for several days.

Their temps in that part of the country haven't climbed above freezing for two weeks in a row, so most of the 9 inches of that white stuff they received nearly a week ago still is hanging around, adding to their frustration level. Only the good Lord knows when my brother will be able to get out and take a whack at a golf ball again. If I was a bettin' man, I'd have to wager that I'll find a thawed stream on which to vent my frustrations long before he gets a chance to tee up on any of the local golf courses. I have no doubts he's already "teed off," what with all that snow staring at him every morning when he rolls out of the sack.

I certainly still remember what that kind of setting was like for me when I spent almost 18 months in Adak, Alaska. You get sick of it in a hurry.

I was checking some of the local bass clubs' tournament schedules this morning and noticed that a few are planning to kick off their 2014 season this month, so I reckon those anglers will see their cabin fever come to an end real soon. Everyone else won't be far behind because most of the other schedules I looked at showed a March starting date.

And, of course, some fisherpersons have been getting out a bit all winter--enough, at least, to keep their fever in check. I've managed four trips thus far and am hoping to make another one either later this week or sometime next week if all the factors involved align right.

To all those of you who again need to feel that tug on the other end of your fishing line, I urge you to keep the faith. Better days simply have to lie ahead--that's all there is to it. I look forward to seeing all of you on the water for another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment