Friday, February 14, 2020

A Valentine's Day Poem for Fishermen

Collards is green,
My dog's name is Blue,
And I'm so lucky,
To have a sweet thang like you.

Yore hair is like cornsilk,
A-flappin' in the breeze,
Softer than Blue's,
And without all them fleas.

You move like the bass,
Which excite me in May,
You ain't got no scales,
But I luv you anyway.

Yo're as satisfy'n as okry
Jist a-fry'n in the pan,
Yo're as fragrant as "snuff,"
Right outta the can.

You have som'a yore teeth,
For which I am proud,
I hold my head high,
When we're in a crowd.

On special occasions,
When you shave under yore arms,
Well, I'm in hawg heaven,
And awed by yore charms.

Still, them fellers at work,
They all want to know,
What I did to deserve,
Such a purdy, young doe.

Like a good roll of duct tape,
Yo're there for yore man,
To patch up life's troubles,
And fix what you can.

Yo're as cute as a junebug,
A-buzzin' overhead,
You ain't mean like those far ants,
I found in my bed.

Cut from the best cloth,
Like a plaid flannel shirt,
You spark up my life,
More than a fresh load of dirt.

When you hold me real tight,
Like a padded gunrack,
My life is complete,
Ain't nuttin' I lack.

Yore complexion, it's perfection,
Like the best vinyl sidin',
Despite all the years,
Yore age, it keeps hidin'.

Me 'n' you's like a Moon Pie,
With an RC cold drank,
We go together,
Like a skunk goes with stank.

Some men, they buy chocolate,
For Valentine's Day,
They git it at Wal-Mart,
It's romantic that way.

Some men git roses,
On that special day,
From the cooler at Kroger,
"That's impressive," I say.

Some men buy fine diamonds,
From a flea market booth,
"Diamonds are forever,"
They explain, suave and couth.

But for this man, honey,
These won't do,
Cause yo're too special,
You sweet thang you.

I got you a gift,
Without taste nor odor,
More useful than diamonds...
It's a new trollin' motor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment