Friday, December 13, 2019

2020 Dewey Tournaments To Be About Change for the Benefit of All


Two of the best sticks in the local area--bar none--will be running things this next season. I'm talking about Wayne Hayes (left) and Rob Peppers (right).

Preliminary discussions between the two of them have been ongoing for a while now, and they already have locked in some new rules for this tournament year. For openers, there will be boundaries on where everyone can fish. Those limits will extend from the Centerville Bridge to Munden Point, including Milldam Creek. This change is designed to bring back some of the small boaters we've lost over the years who were at a distinct disadvantage, trying to compete with anglers who could run farther distances.

There also will be some Sunday tournaments integrated into this year's schedule. The idea here is to give those anglers who sometimes have to work Saturdays a chance to participate more frequently and perhaps lead to more people earning eligibility to fish the annual season-ending two-day Classic.

Tournament dates and some other details still are being worked out and I'm told likely will be promulgated shortly after the new year arrives. I'll post everything as it becomes available.

I, for one, am looking forward to the 2020 season and what the new leadership brings to the table. The way I see it, the playing field just got a lot more level, which should be to everyone's liking. Hope to see ya round the ol' dock in front of the West Neck Marina Store real soon.

Incidentally, my only involvement this year will be as admin assistant to the two leaders. I'll keep them supplied with whatever paperwork they want or need, continue my reporting of all the tournament results on my blog, and maintain a contact list of participants. If you're interested in being added to my list, just provide your name and email address to me at: kenneth34@cox.net.

In the meantime, Tight Lines! to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment