Sunday, February 24, 2019

It Won't Be Long Now...


And, no, I'm not talking about the old joke concerning the monkey that got its tail run over by a lawnmower.

Instead, I'm making reference to the fact I can't remember how many people have made that comment to me in the last few days. As a matter of fact, I added a couple more names to that growing list just today.

Had taken my boat to Wayne early this morning to start getting it ready for the new season, and as luck would have it, a handful of passersby (Dave, "Doc" and Gary) caught me while I was putting it back in the shed at West Neck Marina. It was readily apparent they all share my anticipation for getting back on the water regularly. In Gary's case, he knew our 2019 tournament season starts in exactly three weeks--March 16th, to be precise.

Don't blame these fellas for being anxious. If their off seasons have seemed as long as mine, there's nothing like smelling a healthy dose of outboard exhaust again to eliminate some of the frustration of being grounded. I've been lucky enough to get out two or three times this off season, but those half-day sessions in no way make up for being able to spend a whole eight hours on the water.

Got a feeling I'm still in for some more half-days before things return to normal. Also have to give Wayne a chance to tweak the outboard a bit more, but alas, it really won't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment