Wednesday, February 27, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, March 3, 2019



Monday, Feb. 25 (from Ron)...With the wind blowing 17 to 29 and gusts to 30, I had to fish a protected creek. Launched at Indian River Road and fished upper West Neck Creek from 4 to 6 p.m. Found a few slime darts and a lone bass but no panfish. The pickerel gave a food fight...sure beats a skunk.

Tuesday, Feb. 26 (from Ron)...Sun was shining at 3 p.m., but clouds and wind made it a bit chilly toward sunset. About 4 p.m., the bass turned on, and I managed to get four--two at about a pound, a 1-8, and a 2-14, which was nice. All hit a micro spinnerbait with white skirt. Caught everything in northern Back Bay, where I managed to find some wind protection. It's getting better.


Thursday, Feb. 28 (from Ken)...Had the water all to myself today from about 9 o'clock to 1 p.m. Didn't expect a lot of action, and that's exactly what I got. However, I did manage to catch a couple of bass before day's end. The first one tipped the scales at 1-8, and the other went 1-4. Caught both fish on my new INT No. 2 above the bridge. Had three or four other strikes (didn't really feel like strikes...was more like something "scratching" the bait) throughout the day but took too long figuring out that what I was feeling actually was a fish. Each time, I found out when I saw a swirl in the water. Tried to point the boat into the wind and fish my way up the creek this morning, but that wasn't going to happen, given today's conditions. Eventually motored up past the S-curve and fished my way back down. Gotta admit those "long handles," long-sleeved shirt, two coats with hoods, and blue jeans felt really good all day long. Anything less, and I would have had to quit sooner than I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment