Thursday, February 14, 2019

For the Week Ending Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019



Thursday, Feb. 14 (from Ken)...Took advantage of the one and only chance I knew I would have to fish this week and headed to West Neck this morning. Launched about 9:30 a.m. and fished 'til about 2:40 p.m. Water temp at time of launch was 42, compared to 52 when I quit. Caught a total of five bass, the biggest of which weighed 2 lbs. on the nose. To my surprise, he came early...on only my second cast. In fact, three of the fish came within the first hour or so this morning (above the bridge). The remaining two came about 30 minutes before I quit (on the other side of the bridge). And, just for good measure, I caught one small pickerel this morning, too. All six fish fell for my new INT No. 2. Ran across Rob Peppers and Dave Anderson on the water today, and through Skip Schaible, who also came out for a short while this afternoon, learned that Rob and Dave caught a total of 11 fish before they quit today. Skip told me that he personally didn't even have a confirmed strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment