Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Year 2013 in Review

In an email exchange today with my good friend, Charlie, I learned that he plans on releasing his end-of-year report on his blog sometime next week. As I understand it, he will be posting his final 2013 fishing stats, as well as producing a video of the year's highlights.

Suffice it to say that I can't hold a candle to the stats Charlie put up this year. As he explained today, he lacks only 7 bass of finishing 2013 with a total of 800 fish, compared to my paltry 300. What more can I say but "Well done, Charlie!"

The only thing I feel good about as this year comes to a close is my blog, where I put up some respectable numbers. My posts, effective with this one, total 255, compared to only 125 last year. Of course, I only had my blog for seven months in 2012, but having doubled my totals these past 12 months seems like a noteworthy achievement.

My proudest blog accomplishment in 2013 was the "A Day on the Water With..." series. Unfortunately, I've only been able to get the first article on the street thus far, which, of course, featured Mark Ingram. But the feedback I've received from that story confirmed my suspicions that the series will become increasingly popular with readers. For the record, I have two more anglers who have agreed to be the subject for future articles in this series, and there will be others beyond those. It's just a matter of finding mutually agreeable dates for us to get on the water and make it happen.

Beyond continuing this "A Day on the Water With..." series, I honestly don't know what 2014 will hold. I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, only to let them fall by the wayside as the year progresses. Instead, I have just one goal for the new year, and that's to stay healthy.

Incidentally, don't forget to check out Charlie's end-of-year report and video next week. Here's the link to his blog: http://vbfishguide.blogspot.com/.

Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment