Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Wonder: Is It Going to be a "Ho Ho Ho" or an "Oh Oh Oh" Holiday?

I only wish I felt as cozy and contented as this kitten looks. The truth is, though, that's anything but the case.

For openers, I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with whatever crud my wife has been battling since last Tuesday. When I awoke this morning, one of my tonsils was irritated, which nearly always signals that I'm in for worse things to come. How much worse?--that's the $64,000 question. Don't guess I need to tell y'all that I was checking out the medicine cabinets as soon as my little toes hit the floor this morning. If it's a battle those bugs want, it's a battle they'll get from me--every time.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact I placed an online order with Bass Pro Shops more than a week ago for another tacklebox (and, yeah, I know I didn't really "need" one), and it originally was supposed to be here this past Saturday. As luck would have it though, the truck it was on got hung up in those Midwest storms and only today arrived in West Virginia. Now I have a new estimated delivery date. Need I say that "seein' is believin'"?

If it hadn't been for the fact I had a similar incident with BPS some months back, as well as one with an item I recently purchased off eBay, I might not have gotten so wrapped around the spindle on this shipment.

And, now, while I wait and see how this event plays out, I also get to wonder about a couple other online orders I've placed in the last day or two. The one order is for a Christmas gift, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there. The last order is for two new fenders for my boat trailer, so, of course, there's no real urgency there. Even if the old ones fall off, I'm still in business--depending, I should say, on how long this crud I seem to be coming down with hangs around.

The final thorn in my side today is my blog, which, for some unknown reason, doesn't show any of the icons for my "Followers" along the right-hand side of the page. My research indicates that this problem is with the system, and there's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it--believe me, I've tried. If I'm lucky, the system should get fixed in a day or two, and that'll be the end of it. That, at least, has been my experience with this sort of thing in the past.

Here's hoping I can keep posting, even if I may not be able to do any fishing for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment