Sunday, October 6, 2013

These Shoes Are Made for Fishin'

That's my take on these shoes after seeing a pair of them firsthand today at the VA BASS Region 7 Open Team Tournament at Munden Point in Virginia Beach. The manufacturer denies these shoes were designed for fishing but quickly admits they are suitable for anything from fishing during a summer downpour to lounging around at weigh-in.

Made of waterproof or water-resistant components, Zekos have a strap with hook-and-loop fasteners that hold these machine-washable shoes securely to the foot. Meanwhile, a microfiber wicking mesh upper provides good ventilation. An EVA sole makes the shoes slip-resistant, and they're "as comfortable as flip-flops," says the manufacturer. Perhaps the best feature of all, though, is the fact the shoes weigh in at only 5.5 ounces.

As shown in the accompanying flyer, you have multiple colors to choose from, including the newest color--red (second from left in the flyer and the color I saw today). They're all available online from www.zekoshoes.com at a cost of $74.99 a pair. I'm sorry to say there currently are no retailers in Virginia.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I plan to get a pair or two of these Zekos to wear next year. I have no choice in the matter, since I just recently had to toss my regular fishin' shoes. I had sliced the heel nearly wide open on something (I know not what). I came real close to slicing clear through the rubber into my foot. Fortunately, however, Lady Luck must have been riding shotgun for me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment