Friday, October 25, 2013

Shootout at the OK Corral--Well, Not Exactly

The challenge was issued sometime ago, and I finally accepted it today. Kayaker Charlie, in his everlasting desire to pursue the unknown, told me that he wanted to find out if he can catch more bass with plastic worms than I can with my beloved crankbaits.

To keep the playing field level--and to make sure we both use the same math--Charlie has agreed to leave his kayak home and assume a position on the backseat of my Skeeter for this occasion. The "shootout" is set for next Wednesday, Oct. 30, at West Neck Marina. Charlie offered 0800 or 0900 as possible times for our contest to go down, but I opted for 0830 instead, just to keep things honest.

All kidding aside, I'm truly looking forward to this setting. If we enjoy the banter this day on the water as much as we do our "dock talks" at the local Starbucks, we neither one will be disappointed, regardless of who catches the most fish. I promise to let y'all know the final outcome, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment