Thursday, October 17, 2013

It Wasn't a Repeat of the Classic, But...


My trip today wasn't anything to write home about, either. Before I explain, though, let me pass along a couple of reports I got from other folks on the water.

The first person I ran into was Charlie's buddy, Ray Scott. When I saw him, he had boated a couple of dink bass and about a half-dozen white perch.

Later this afternoon, then, I saw Jim Bauer, who had caught eight bass--his biggest a 2-1. He also had landed about four more that weighed a pound or better. Most of his fish had fallen for a topwater bait this morning.

When I came across Bob Glass as I was quitting this afternoon, he had gotten into some stripers--one of which nearly had ripped the rod from his hands. He had been fishing a spinnerbait when that happened, but he was experimenting with a crankbait when I talked to him.

My tally for the day was five bass and three white perch, all of which fell for one of the Bandits Footloose or the spinnerbait pictured here. Three of the bass would have made 12 inches, but the other two only would have gone 10 or 11 inches. I found nearly all of the bass buried deep in super shallow water.

Having fished Albright's Creek both days of the Classic, I decided to stay in West Neck today and take whatever it had to offer. The fact that I boated five today was a huge improvement over the two total that I scratched out during the Classic. Perhaps I'll get lucky and hit double digits again one of these days--I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment