Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Jimmy Houston Has Nothing on These Two Guys


             






The first photo I saw attached to an email was this one.

















Then came this one.









I couldn't help thinking maybe these two anglers--Mitch Portervint (top photo) and Skip Schaible (bottom photo)--were auditioning for an appearance on one of Jimmy Houston's upcoming TV shows. He's famous, as you all likely know, for giving bass "a little sugar" before he releases them, just like these two fellas were doing today.

I never did find out exactly what was behind these two anglers' actions but suspect they simply were clowning around. In any event, I learned that, besides these two fish they boated, they each lost a couple more at the boat today.

Another angler who caught some fish today is Jim Bauer. If I recall correctly, he said he boated a total of 7 bass--his best, a 2-5.

I also saw Bob Glass and Eddie Sapp on the water but didn't get a report from either one on how many fish they had.

With another warm day predicted for tomorrow, I would anticipate some more anglers will try to get their licks in before the bottom falls out again this weekend. Jim told me that he plans another trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment